- When importing the Learning History it is not being imported and the status states "Failed"
- This KBA covers how to find why the Import Data job failed
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to LMS as an Admin
- Go to System Admin > Tools
- Click on Import Data
- Choose "Learning History" on the dropdown
- You may either choose "Add" or "Update"
- Browse your "Learning History" file (the headers on this should be based from the template which can be downloaded on the same screen)
- Click Submit
- Once done, check the Import Results on the same page, you'll see the Status "Failed". On the Error Log column, it says "Download" but when you download it, it'll just give you file that you have imported
- The error log or reason/s why the Import failed is provided on the download of the failed import file:
- Logon to LMS Admin
- Navigate to System Admin > Tools > Import Data
- From the list of Import Results, find the Failed import (marked as "Failed" in the Job Status column)
- Download the file under the "Error Log" column
- Open the downloaded, scroll to the right and look at the last column named "Comment"
- This column contains the error message:
SF SuccessFactors LMS import fail Learning History Import data error log not shown format error LRN-13726 log result , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , Problem