1. Add Global Assignment record for a user.
2. End Global assignment record.
3. Terminate the user's main employment record.
4. Configure Global Assignment Configuration to allow rehire of Global assignment as a Concurrent employment record.
5. Rehire the Global Assignment for that user (as employment).
6. An application error will occur when trying to submit the rehire record.
Reproducing the Issue
1. End a user's Global assignment record:
2. Terminate the user's main employment record:
3. This would result in both of the records (Home and Host employment record) to be inactive given that you've also ended the Global assignment record prior to terminating the user's main employment record:
4. Go to Manage Data > Global Assignment Configuration > GACONFIG > Enable "Allow rehire of Global assignments as concurrent employment" NOTE: Create one if this is not available from your system, the external code should be exactly GACONFIG.
5. Rehire the inactive Global assignment record of the Employee:
6. An application error would occur on the last step:
This is a known defect occuring on b1805 release version and below.
A fix for this issue has been included on b1808 release version. If you encounter this issue again, please reach out to the Employee Central product support team.
2676610 - Rehiring from a past Global Assignment to a new main employment causes an application error when saving or saving as draft
Rehiring Global assignment application error, ECT-101706 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , New Hire/Rehire Wizards , LOD-SF-EC-CGA , Global Assignments/ Concurrent Employment , Bug Filed