- Field is not populated in MDF object based on business rule via Import
- Does Import trigger the business rule configured on MDF object?
- How to get business rules triggered when data is imported via SFTP in custom MDF objects?
- How to populate a field value based on data imported in an MDF object?
SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
Success Factors - Metadata Framework
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure a business rule and set it on the object level.
- Import the data for this object.
- The rule does not yield the expected result. Field is not populated as per rule written.
NOTE: It is always better and recommeneded to check the rule’s operation by putting Rule trace. See the KBA 2257064 to learn how to do that.
There is a limitation when it comes to the operation of the business rules via Import.
Import does not trigger an onChange business rule (rule configured on the field level).
However, the business rules configured on the Save and Initialize event on the object should be triggered and work when the data is Imported.
MDF: Metadata Framework Custom MDF object Import Business rule onSave onChange Rules , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-RUL , Rule Issues in MDF Object , LOD-SF-MDF-IMP , MDF Import and Export Issues , How To