An application error occurs when trying to Rehire an employee from a previous Global Assignment as a New Employment / Main employment. This action is taken via Admin Center > Rehire Inactive Employee.
The error can occur when:
- Trying to save the Rehire
- Trying to Approve the final step of the Rehire workflow
- Trying to Save the Rehire from a Draft
Reproducing the Issue
- Jan 01 Hire new employee (employment A)
- Feb 01 Add Global Assignment (employment B)
- Feb 28 End Global Assignment (B)
- Mar 31 Teminate employment A
- Apr 01 Rehire B (to a new employment to reuse the PerNr in ECP)
--> The rehire will fail while saving. Try to submit this user to drafts by clicking on "Save Drafts" instead.
- Manage Pending Hires > Drafts > Submit > Application error occurs.
- During the Rehire process, the system raises an error that the username of the user you're trying to hire already exists. So you have to enter in a new username.
- The PersonalInfo of the employee being looked up contains a reference to the original user information (nothing from the Global Assignment).
- This is causing the save to occur with the original (before GA) employment's user ID, causing an application error.
- In some cases the wrong job information is loaded during the pending hire load.
Draft rehire of former Global Assignment isn't implemented yet as of b1805 release. In 1808 a fix for this problem is delivered.
From 1808 the Save Draft button is not available anymore in the UI, when trying to Rehire an employee to a new employment from a Global Assignment (via Rehire Inactive Employee).
We have removed the save draft feature for Rehire scenario of Employees with previous Global Assignment records. The resolution is to disallow the save of rehires of Global Assignment employments.
This is the system's behavior in 1808:
- Enable Global Assignment / Concurrent Employment.
- For Global Assignment configuration, enable "Allow rehire of global assignments as concurrent employment:"
- 3) Create a user, create Global Assignment, End the Global Assignment & then Terminate the regular employment.
- 4) Go to Admin Center > Rehire Inactive Employee, and try to rehire the Terminated employee from their Global Assignment - you will no longer see the Save Draft button.
- 5) For regular Rehires, the Save Draft button is available.
2092654 - Concurrent Employment FAQ - Employee Central
ECT-101206, Rehire user global assignment, application error rehire global assignment, save draft global assignment rehire missing, Allow rehire of global assignments as concurrent employment , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , New Hire/Rehire Wizards , LOD-SF-EC-CGA , Global Assignments/ Concurrent Employment , Bug Filed