- It takes approximately 80 seconds to get a geo-map loaded.
- The import data model contains around 5 Million rows.
SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.12.6
Reproducing the Issue
Open a Story and notice that it takes more than one minute until the geo map is loaded.
Performance issues are expected when using a large number of data points (greater than 20K points).
- The behavior is by design.
- Best practices for geo maps in SAC with large amounts of data:
- For the bubble layer, clustering is enabled when there is more than 5K points by default.
- This is because that rendering more than 5K points takes a long time.
- It is recommended to cluster data or filter/zoom to reduce the number of points shown in the map extent.
- As a workaround choropleth layer can be used, which aggregates the data points according to regions (Country, State, etc.).
- The maximum number of points can be rendered on a geo map is 20K.
- If the map contains more than 20K points, it is not possible to see all points in a non-clustered bubble layer.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, geo, map, performance, , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem