You have noticed that when rehiring an employee the national ID is not masked as it should be considering your configuration in the data model.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
This KBA is only applicable for customers using PP3.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Rehire Inactive Employee;
- Click to rehire any employee;
- See that the National ID number is not masked;
- Now go to a hired employee profile;
- See that National ID is masked;
When SAP moved from V12 UI to PP3 UI there was a few behavior changes in how some fields would behave, one of these changes were that PII fields are now not masked anymore in edit mode, so appearing the national IDs number is expected.
ECT-103305 National ID not masked Rehire Inactive Employee , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , New Hire/Rehire Wizards , Problem