You have posted a warehouse confirmation and expected that the value gets posted inventory general ledger account but instead it is posting to Gain/ Loss from Purchase Price Differences that is maintained under differences tab in the inventory sub-ledger.
SAP Business Bydesign.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to General Ledger work center.
- Journal Entries view.
- Find the Journal Entry PQR (PQR indicates journal entry ID) and click on view (Journal Entry type: Goods Receipt from Supplier; Source Document: Warehouse confirmation).
- Click on View and you will notice that there is certain amount to a GL Account which is from ( Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination > Account Determination > Inventory > Differences ) instead you expect that amount should only be posted to inventory account.
The journal entry of an affected document could look as follows:
Finished Product account Debit: 100.00
Purchase in Transit account Credit 75.00
Gain/Loss from Purchase Price Differences account Credit 25.00
Resulting Inventory Quantity / On-hand inventory quantity is zero as a result system has posted the purchase order price difference with inventory to the Gain/Loss from Purchase Price Difference GL Account.
The goods receipt updates the inventory cost with the value required at this point in time (mixed price).
The goods issue is posted with the value applicable at this point in time.
- Go to Inventory Valuation work center.
- Materials and select the material XYZ ( XYZ indicates material).
- Click on View Cost History.
- Find the warehouse confirmation line and against the same line look for Resulting Inventory Quantity
At the time of posting of this warehouse confirmation, the stock has got adjusted as there were already some goods issue posted before and with this goods receipt the remaining on-hand stock is zero. To further calculate the purchase price difference and it to the inventory cost itself due to the moving average method applied, system tries to valuate the differences to add it to the inventory but due to the situation that the on-hand stock (Resulting Inventory Quantity ) resulting is zero, system posts the differences to the GL Purchase Price Difference.
moving average cost calculation during warehouse confirmation posting. , KBA , moving average , purchase price difference instead of inv , warehouse confirmation posting to invent , resulting inventory cost , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , Problem