You are migrating Inventory using the Migration Tool and receive the following error message: Material quantity unit not valid.
SAP Business ByDesign, all its version.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Overview view.
- Search and open the activity Migration of Inventory.
- Click the link to Migrate inventory using the migration tool.
- In the Migration Tool screen, upload your migration file.
- Click Execute, then Execute Migration Step by Step.
- Progress through the steps of the migration.
- On step 3 (Simulation), the error message will be raised.
The reason for this error message is that you have maintained Quantity for some products in the Inventory tab, but have not maintained Quantity Type (e.g. each, box, piece). Without this information, the system will not be able to properly calculate quantities on future transactions.
Please maintain Quantity Type for all records that have Quantity maintained.
Inventory, Migration, Material Quantity Unit Not Valid , KBA , AP-IP , Inventory Processing , SRD-CC-MIG , Migration , Problem