Unable to purge Users using the DRTM Tool after Gernal Permission Checks have been completed.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- BizX Platform
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core
Reproducing the Issue
When you search from the log, it show exceptions like:
- "Country code doesn't exist or this country doesn't enable DRM. Please check picklist country or MDF country configuration for identity:",
- DRTM Master Data Purge: Request failed or error "There is no retention time defined for this country"
A users country field is not the same as MDF country entity so there is country convert in the backend. To make sure that country field can map to MDF Country entity after your set "Data Retention Enabled" as Yes for the country 2615360
We must also ensure that the country field value should be the same as the MDF country entity default value.
To use the master data purge, you need to enable the new data retention time management (DRTM) solution.
and the DRTM Master Data purge object and ensure that General Permission Check is completed this is for Both EC /Non EC enabled instances 2615360
Checks to ensure that Country Field is matching MDF Country Entity :
- Ensure country set with "Yes" for Data Retention Enabled field, and set value for country field
- Before configuring country to be purged, check standard element "country" in your company whether mapping to any picklist id has been configured.
- To confirm ->Go to provisioning, export data module and check standard element "country" whether mapping to any picklist ID
If Country is not mapped to any picklist
- Make sure the user's country field as shown in the image above is the same as the MDF country's default value field, provide country default value of the to be purged user and proceed with the Purge.
If Country is mapped to a picklist ID
- Go to Admin Center - Picklist Management, Export all picklist. If your company has complete MDF picklist migration, there is no "picklist management " in admin center, please follow steps on 2674970 to get picklist related optionId
- Find optionId of the country of the purged user. Make sure external_code was configured and external-code is equal to the country code in MDF side.
- provide country related optionId of the to be purged user and proceed with the purge
Please reference SAP Guide for further Guidance reference Data Purge
Note : If Learning Module is enabled in your instance ensure the following permissions are granted see KBA 2675172
Related errors encountered when running the DRTM Purge :
- 2647803 - Show with "Part of audit data is not available and hence cannot be purged" comment in master data purge report
- 2675172 - Request failed and get "The user is not permitted to perform the requested operation" exception in server log
- Errors in master data purge preview report "There is no exit date assigned to this user" reference Adding CompanyExitDate Field to Your Data Model
DRTM, Country Code, Failed, Straight to failed, Country code doesn't exist, country code doesn't exist, error, There is no retention time defined for this country, picklist, Data retention management , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-DRM , Data Retention Management , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , Problem