- The Onboarding activity is re-assigned to a random assignee/user automatically after completing New Employee Step (NES).
- The Orientation Step is assigned to a random user.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- The Candidate Completes the New Employee Step and Activity is moved to Orientation Step.
- Orientation Step is assigned to a different user as expected.
Due to the assign option in the process Onboarding activity is automatically re-assigned to a random assignee/user. See below for more details.
The OS_AssigneeUserId is added as the assign option key to receive the activity and Orientation Manager is not enabled in Onboarding Back-End. Hence, it will follow the second assign option which is auto.
- The panel SAP_Standard_OrientationManagerSetup will not be available if Orientation Manager is not enabled and the key OS_AssigneeUserId will not be generated.
- Assignee Options are different to every customer.
There are different ways to rectify this incorrect configuration and below is the solution:
- Enable Orientation Manager in Onboarding Back-End. After enabling the feature, the panel SAP_Standard_OrientationManagerSetup will show in Post-Hire Verification Step (PHV) and Assignee in PHV will be able to add the Orientation Step (OS) Assignee.
- Remove the OS_AssigneeUserId in Assign Option in the Orientation Step of the Process and replace it with a role or specific person to receive the activity as Assignee
- Since this is a configuration, this type of changes might alter your business requirements set by your implementation partner.
- Only SAP Professional Services, Implementation Partners, and SAP Cloud Product Support can have access to SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding Back-End (Super Admin).
Submit a ticket to SAP SuccessFactors Cloud Support via SAP One Support Launchpad to verify the settings in Onboarding Back-End.
If Product Support verified that issue is same with the cause in this KBA, we highly advice and suggest you reach-out to the person/team who configured this and rectify the configuration.
FOR IMPLEMENTATION PARTNERS:
All the needed information and resources regarding on how to properly setup Onboarding is located at KBA 2116056 - Partner Support - Resources & Tools.
- SAP SuccessFactors
- Orientation Manager
- Re-Assigned to a Random Assignee/User
- Coniguration Error
- Incorrect Setup