This article explains how to transfer Reports, Tiles and Dashboards between instances when the source and / or the destination instance have Report Center enabled.
Important Consideration: Reports transferred between instances will work only if both instances have the exact configuration for the fields and tables in the report.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SuccessFactors Report Center
Transferring Individual Reports / Dashboards / Tiles:
- Exporting the Report Definition file from the source instance:
- Navigate to Report Center in the source instance.
- Locate the desired Report / Dashboard / Tile, click the action menu and select 'Export'.
This will download the file to your computer.
Report - Table (Ad Hoc): .sfr
Report - Canvas (ORD): .xml
Dashboard / Tile: exported as .zip and extracted file will be .epix (Tile Based Dashboards cannot be exported)
Caution while exporting 'Report - Canvas' (ORD) reports - Report could be overwritten:
If the destination instance has a report with the same name, importing the report from the source instance will overwrite the one in the destination instance.
This action is irreversible.
You will not have an option to rename while importing. Renaming the export file make no difference since the report's name is stored in the report definition.
If this is not intended, please duplicate the report in the source instance (rename the duplicate if desired) and export the duplicate.
- Importing the Report definition file to the destination instance:
- Navigate to Report Center in the destination instance and click the 'Import' button on the top right corner.
- Once prompted by the browser
- For Report - Table and Report - Canvas reports:
- Select the file exported in step I.2
Table reports can be renamed during the import and Canvas reports cannot be renamed during the import
- For Dashboards / Tiles:
- Select the file extracted in step I.3. Renaming is possible during the import.
Please choose a file of type ".sfr", ".epix", ".xml" or".zip" files only.
- You will get an on screen confirmation about the upload.
Bulk Transfer - Applicable only if Source and Destination instances have Report Center enabled:
Since the B1811 / Q4 2018 release, it is possible to export and import multiple reports in one shot.
- Login to the source instance and Navigate to Report Center
- Select the desired reports, Tiles and Dashboards
- Click the Export button
An archive file titled 'export.zip' will be downloaded
- Login to the destination instance and navigate to Report Center
- Select the Import option
- Browse and choose the archive file exported from the Source instance
Report Center, Transfer, Dashboard, Tile, Report - Canvas, Report - Table, Ad Hoc, AdHoc, ORD, Online Report Designer, Bulk, Multi, Export, Import , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Center , How To