This article explains how to transfer Reports, Tiles and Dashboards between instances when the source and / or the destination instance have Report Center enabled.
Important Consideration: Reports transferred between instances will work only if both instances have the exact configuration for the fields and tables in the report.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SuccessFactors Report Center
- Exporting the Report Definition file from the source instance:
- Navigate to Report Center in the source instance.
- Locate the desired Report / Dashboard / Tile, click the action menu and select 'Export'.
This will download the file to your computer.
Report - Table (Ad Hoc): .sfr
Report - Canvas (ORD): .xml
Dashboard / Tile: exported as .zip and extracted file will be .epix (Tile Based Dashboards cannot be exported)
- Additional step for Dashboard / Tiles:
The report definition file for Dashboards and Tiles will be exported as an archive(zip) file and has to be extracted / unarchived.
Once extracted, you will have a '.epix' and only 'epix' files can be imported
Caution while exporting 'Report - Canvas' (ORD) reports - Report could be overwritten:
If the destination instance has a report with the same name, importing the report from the source instance will overwrite the one in the destination instance.
This action is irreversible.
You will not have an option to rename while importing. Renaming the export file make no difference since the report's name is stored in the report definition.
If this is not intended, please duplicate the report in the source instance (rename the duplicate if desired) and export the duplicate.
- Importing the Report definition file to the destination instance:
- Navigate to Report Center in the destination instance and click the 'Import' button on the top right corner.
- Once prompted by the browser
- For Report - Table and Report - Canvas reports:
- Select the file exported in step I.2
Table reports can be renamed during the import and Canvas reports cannot be renamed during the import
- For Dashboards / Tiles:
- Select the file extracted in step I.3. Renaming is possible during the import.
Please choose a file of type ".sfr", ".epix" or ".xml" only.
- You will get an on screen confirmation about the upload.
Report - Canvas
Report - Table
Online Report Designer , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Center , Problem