Option to create new Canvas report is not appearing on the Report Center eventhough the user has the permissions under RBP permissions.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SucccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Online Report Designer
- Advanced Reporting
- Canvas reports
- Report Center
Reproducing the Issue
- Go into Reporting;
- Click on New;
- There is no option to create Canvas reports for the user.
This is happening because the permissions are not being restricted by RBP. There is no issue on not using the RBP restriction, however the permissions will be given by the Roles on the Analytics backend under the "Roles Maintanance" and not on the "Set User Permissions" on the "Admin Center". In addition, this is happening because the role on the analytics backend is not giving this user necessary permissions to create canvas reports. The required permission is "Report Designing".
It is possible to go to the "Manage Workforce Analytics" to confirm it if the permissions are being restricted by the RBP or not. The option "Functional and Option Permissions" must be "on" so the permissions are being restricted by RBP. If they are being restricted by RBP it is possible just to give access to the Analytics Permissions under "Functional and Option Permissions", but this is not this scenario. See KBA 2343087 for further reference on the migration.
To correct this behavior it is required to change the role of the user on the backend. To perform this change it is required to follow the steps below:
- Proxy as the user that has access to Analytics admin. It will be the first user to login into the Report Center after the implementation was finished and the permissions was given on the "Analytics Permissions" section. This user will have the implementation partner role with access to the admin from the analytics.
- Go into "User Maintenance";
- Confirm what is the Role ID that the user has.
- On this section you can change the role of this user by selecting the user, editting and selecting the new role. If you do not want to create a new role it is possible just to change to an existing one.
- To check what role has each permission, it is possible to check the "Roles maintenance" under the analytics section.
Canvas report is not appearing - showing - user is not able to create canvas report - ORD is not enabled - missing , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem