You cannot post an Invoice Cancellation. You receive the Error Message 'Reversal not possible because fixed asset XYZ is retired' (XYZ represents the Fixed Asset ID).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Source Documents view.
- Search for the Cancellation Invoice ABC.
- Click on Actions > Post Business Transaction.
Note: Error Message 'Reversal not possible because fixed asset XYZ is retired' appears.
The Deactivation Date is before the Posting Date of the Cancellation.
If the Fixed Asset is in status Retired, this will prevent the posting of the Invoice Cancellation.
The retirement has to be reverse to Capitalized.
- In the Fixed Assets workcenter navigate to the Fixed Assets view and select the retired fixed asset XYZ.
- Press Edit-Values and navigate to the Journal sub tab.
- Click on the Source Document ID of the transfer posting to open the journal entry voucher.
- Press Edit and then press Reverse.
- Now navigate back to the Source documents view of the General Ledger workcenter, select the supplier invoice cancellation and press Actions- Post Business Transaction.
Note: The cancellation invoice is now posted.
Fixed Asset, Invoice Cancelation, Source Document, Capitalized, Retired, Post, , KBA , fixed asset , retired , invoice cancelation , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , Problem