When opening a Calibration session, the error message "Unable to open calibration session. You might not have the permission to search users" is thrown.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Reproducing the Issue
1. Proxy as the affected User
2. Go to Calibration
3. Click on the session to open - Error message is displayed:
- The "User Search" is not granted in Role-Based Permissions.
- As of Q3 release, the error message "Unable to open calibration session. You might not have the permission to search users" will be thrown when a user without the "User Search" Role-based permission tries to open a session.
Log in as a Super Admin and grant the permission to everyone.
In Manage Permission Roles, the permission can be found under General User Permission - Company Info Access.
When you finish granting it, please try opening the session, and remember not to restrict the target population for the owner role in the Calibration template.
- The User Search permission is not a specific permission for Calibration.
- It is a Platform required permission.
- Without this permission, you are not able to get User's information, which means you cannot retrieve user information when you open a session.
- To open a Calibration session, the minimum permission is that a role has "Read" permission, which is configured in Manage Calibration Settings.
Calibration, session, error, permission, open, error, unable, search, users, user search, role-based permission, rbp, settings , KBA , LOD-SF-CAL-SES , Sessions, Creating, Managing etc. , LOD-SF-CAL , SAP SF Calibration Module , Problem