You try to post an invoice, but it does not get posted into accounting due to error message: 'Account determination is missing for item type Sales Revenue. Specify account determination in chart of accounts ABC - Chart of Accounts and account determination profile <XYZ>. Column Path Sales -> Revenues (Service)->Sales Revenue, Item Type Sales Revenue'
(ABC represents the Chart of Accounts) (XYZ represents the Account Determination Profile).
You go to the Account Determination configuration and it is all correct and maintained, hence you cannot find anything wrong.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to Invoicing Documents view.
- Select the relevant customer invoice, and then choose Edit.
- Click Post. The invoice gets Released, but not Posted.
- Check the Unposted Source Documents view, under General Ledger work center. You see that the invoice is In Process with the error message.
The error message appears because one of the items of this Customer Invoice has the account determination group missing. If you check the item’s Master Data, you can see the account determination group maintained, under Valuation tab.
If you follow the steps in the error message, you see that the specific account determination for that item is not maintained in the activity.
Hence you need to maintain the account determination, as mentioned in the error message. In order to fo so, follow below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Select activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Choose Change Immediately.
- Go to tab Revenues, select Services.
- Enter the item’s Account Determination in column Account Determination Group for Services.
After saving the changes, the error no longer occurs.
Account Determination Group. Sales Revenue. Charts of Accounts. Invoice. Unposted Source Documents. , KBA , AP-ACC , Business ByDesign: Financial Accounting , How To