When trying to remove the field Belongs to Installation Point you receive the error message "Parent Installation Point Cannot be Empty" or/and the message "Inconsistency in Parent and Child Ibase Assignment".
SAP Cloud for Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Products work center.
- Select the Registered Products view.
- Open the Registered Product ABC (ABC represents the name of the Registered Product).
- Click on the Edit field.
- Remove the value of the field Belongs to Installation Point. The error message "Parent Installation Point Cannot be Empty" or/and the message "Inconsistency in Parent and Child Ibase Assignment" will appear.
This error message is correct. You cannot remove the link between the Registered Product and the Installation point, unless the Registered Product is set to Obsolete. For Active Registered Products, you can only change the Instalation Point, but set the field as blank.
In case the Registered Product is Obsolete, then you can unlink the Instalation Point by following the below steps:
- Go to the Instaled Base work center.
- Open the Instalation Point ABC (ABC represents the name of the Instalation Point).
- Go to the Items facet.
- Select the Regisred Product and click on the Remove button.
Instalation Point; Registered Products , KBA , LOD-LE-IBA-IPO , Installation Point , How To