“Unable to retrieve data from the datasource. Error: [Error [Protocol]: (#73) Error [Protocol]: (#500)” error when creating a chart which uses a dimension from a Linked model in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.12.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story
- Add a model
- Click 'Edit' then click the 'Builder' tab
- Under the Datasources section click 'Add Linked Models'
- Under the Link Dimensions menu, select two dimensions to link
- Under matched Dimensions, click the '...' icon to create a link between the two dimensions
The Dimensions from the two linked models have not been linked correctly.
Under the Linked On area within the Linked Dimensions menu, make sure you have clicked either ID or Description, to create the link between the two dimensions from the different models.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem