When sentback workflow is updated and resubmitted, no workflow is triggered and the change is saved.
Employee Central - Workflows
Reproducing the Issue
- Raise a workflow request to change a field value.
- Approver sends back the workflow.
- Update the workflow as initiator and resubmit.
- Workflow gets declined and the data is automatically committed onto the database without again going back for approval.
- If you are using 'Business rules for workflow derivation', i.e. workflows are being triggered by business rules.
- And you have a parent IF condition which reads IF wfconfig = NULL, THEN set wfconfig (In case of MDF objects, IF object.ID=NULL).
- Now when the data is being resubmitted, the workflow ID/MDF Object ID already exists for this request and is not equal to NULL, hence rule fails and resubmit will be saved.
Please check the issue by using rule trace. Remove the IF condition that is causing failure in rule conditions, resulting in exit from rule and not triggering workflow.
sent back workflow, resubmit, resubmitted workflow auto approved, updated workflow approved, auto committed. , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflow & Trigger (Rules & XML) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem