You have created multiple Sales Orders for a product in a system and want to get the same in Product Planning Screen for material planning. However, you are unable to find any sales order in a product planning screen.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Sales Orders work center.
- Go to Common Tasks View and choose New Sales Order sub view.
- Create a Sales Order for a required Product: Z (* Z refers to a Product ID).
- Submit the relevant Sales Order: X (*X refers to Sales Order ID).
- Now go to Outbound Logistics Control work center.
- Go to Customer Demand View.
- Choose All Orders by Selection and find Sales Order: X (*X refers to Sales Order ID).
- Select and choose Open Product Planning Details option.
- New window opens i.e. Product Planning Details.
- Under section: Supply and Demand List, you find that relevant Sales Order: X (*X refers to Sales Order ID) is not available though it is an actual demand and yet to be planned via MRP.
For Material Planning, scoping question: Do you want to consider the requirement date of the sales order during material planning? is not scoped. Therefore, system is not considering sales order demands which are based on requested schedule lines. During material planning, you have to decide whether the sales order demands are based on the confirmation schedule lines or requested schedule lines.
Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select the required Project and choose Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to the guided activity and move to guided step 4: Questions.
- Under scoping element, select Supply Chain Planning and Control.
- Select sub-element Supply Planning, expand it and choose option: Material Planning.
- On the right side there are scoping questions, find section Group: Planning Date, .
- Here select and mark the checkbox for question: Do you want to consider the requirement date of the sales order during material planning?
Do you want to consider the requirement date of the sales order during material planning?, Open Product Planning, Sales Order,confirmation schedule lines, requested schedule lines. , KBA , sales order , open product planning , requested schedule lines , confirmation schedule lines , AP-CR , Customer Requirement Processing , Problem