You try to finish changes of the solution profile when an error message is raised: 'Profit center and segment related warnings in org management.'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Business Configuration go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Press on Edit Project scope and make the relevant changes.
- After reviewing the changes press Finish.
The error appears: 'Profit center and segment related warnings in org management.'
There are inconsistencies in the current Organizational Structure set up which cause inconsistencies within the whole solution profile. There might be warnings such as '01.01.YYYY to 31.12.9999; cost center XYZ must be below a profit center. Check that a profit center exists in the structure above and that there are no segments between the cost center and this profit center' (YYYY stands for a certain fiscal year, XYZ represents the org unit ID).
Check and resolve the warnings in Org Managment:
- In the Organizational work center go to the Org Structures view.
- Select the respective Org Structure and press Edit.
- Confirm the Effective from date.
- Press Check - Check All.
- The warnings appear.
- If the warning displayed is as in the above example, '01.01.YYYY to 31.12.9999; cost center XYZ must be below a profit center. Check that a profit center exists in the structure above and that there are no segments between the cost center and this profit center' navigate to Cost center XYZ.
- Go to the Definitions sub-tab.
- You notice that this org unit is maintained as cost center as well as segment.
- Either remove the segment function or add the Profit center function to the org unit.
- Press Save.
- Press Check - Check All again.
- Should further such warnings appear proceed as above.
- Should other warnings appear which you cannot solve from your end check the issue with support.
Profit center and Segment Related Warnings in Org Management, profit center, segment, org structure, solution profile, finish , KBA , profit-center segmentbezogene warnungen , profit center segment solution profile , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Problem