- You have a company in Switzerland, which has a German tax ID and you are shipping Goods from Switzerland (via Germany) to a customer in the EU, who has an EU tax ID.
- Now you would like to force the tax event "intra-community supply" and use your German tax ID
SAP Business BYDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Work center Business Configuration.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view, and select Open Activity List.
- Navigate to Fine Tuning.
- Search for Activity - External Tax Determination for Goods and Services.
- Here you can see that you have scoped the activity "External Tax Determination for Goods and Services".
- Click on the hyperlink "External Tax Determination for Goods and Services" to open the activity.
Here you can see that the Configuration ID "Z02" with the necessary Tax Elements is maintained to determine the correct Tax Country for Third-Party taxation or the Drop Shipment Scenario
- Valid-for Country: DE - Germany.
- Enforce country as tax country is checked.
- Tax Event Direction: 1 - Outgoing.
- Define Valid From / Valid To: xx.xx.xxxx / Unlimited (xx.xx.xxxx represents the valid from date).
- Tax Event Third-Party Deal (Check box).
- Under Tax Code Details use, dedicated Tax Code also.
- You can determine the product tax event based on Ship-From and Ship-To locations.
- Use dedicated Tax Code is activated, and Tax Code: 507 - Intra-Community Supply.
- The tax calculation in ByDesign cannot assign a German tax code to a transaction for a tax-liable company physically located in Switzerland since tax determination is only executed for countries AT and CH.
- Therefore the configuration that you create is not even evaluated and you cannot create a configuration that would be evaluated in this set-up which has a DE tax code as the required result.
You need to create a dedicated equivalent tax code 507 for country Switzerland potentially assigned to the tax event 500 and set-up configuration entries for CH with the desired result being tax event 500 and the new tax code.
Tax, Intra-Community Supply, Tax Id, Steuernummer, Switzerland, Schweiz , KBA , AP-TTE-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , Problem