You are not able to use Document-Based E-mail Template when processing a Ticket.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service work center.
- Go to the Tickets work center view.
- Filter by Source: E-mail
- Open any ticket.
- Go to the Interactions tab.
- Select the Insert Template button.
- Only Text-based Templates are shown, Document-based Templates are not available to be selected here.
There are two types of templates available in the system:
- Only templates of type Text-Based are supported in the Interactions tab of the Ticket. Hence you only find the text based templates listed.
- The Document-based (HTML) templates are used for automatic triggering of e-mail notification based on workflow rules defined. However , documents based templates can be used as branding template and linked to a channel. So whenever an email is sent from this channel , the text is embedded in the email. The use case for this is typically to embed company branding images /formatting to the emails that are sent out of the channel.
This is standard behavior of current system.
To link a Document-based template as a branding template to a channel, you can create a new template as a branding template with the
HTML layout then go to the Administrator Work center, then to the Service and Social Tab, Select any E-mail Channel or create a new one, and add this template to the e-mail channel that you would like to use it with.
Email Template, Document-Based, HTML, Ticket , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To