You have some information in the system which is not written in the Latin Alphabet. The information is readable in the correct language in the system but when you download the information in an Excel document (.csv file), the characters change and the information is not readable anymore.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
The following steps are an example. The same behaviour can also happen when downloading other excel files from the system.
- Go to the Visits work centre.
- Go to the Visits view.
- Click New and create a visit with the name in a Non-Latin Alphabet.
- Go to the Surveys Facet.
- Click Add and select a survey.
- Check In.
- In the Surveys Facet, select the survey that you added, click on the cog wheel and Edit.
- Answer the survey.
- Check out.
- Go to the Surveys work centre.
- Go to the Surveys facet.
- Find and open the survey that you added to the visit.
- Go to the Results facet.
- Click Export.
Result: An Excel file will download.
- Open the Excel file.
Result: You can see incorrect characters where you are supposed to see the name of the visit.
These incorrect characters are shown because of your Excel settings. We scraped the data as unicode text, but Excel reads CSV files in non-unicode by default.
To configure Excel to use unicode on your exported CSV:
- Go to the Data facet in Excel.
- Click From Text CSV.
- Select the excel file that you downloaded.
- Click Open.
Result: A new window will open.
- Select File Origin: 65001: Unicode (UTF-8).
- Click Load.
Result: The characters are now be readable.
characters, alphabet, download, excel, csv, Unicode, survey, visit , KBA , chinese , AP-RC-ANA-UI-XLS , C4C, ByD, Travel: Excel AddIn , Problem