You are not able to submit a sales order for approval, since the “Submit for Approval” option under Action grey out.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer all versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales work center.
- Go to Sales Order work center view.
- Open sales order XYZ and navigate to Action button (XYZ represents the order ID).
- Find the option “Submit for Approval” grey out under Action.
There are several reasons that would disable the Approval button.And one of the most probable reason is, for order XYZ there are products but the product pricing is not maintained.
This would lead to an error of price calculation in the backend and disable the Approval Button.
For the maintained root cause, you need to maintain product price for internal order to process further on sales order.
After maintained the product price, create a new sales order and add product. You may find the price still show empty, and no method to enter price as the field is also grey out in Edit mode.
Then, you need to check the following steps:
- Firstly, please check if Multi-step approval is enabled in the Business configuration questions for Sales Order which will enable the Submit for Approval action.
- Check if there is an active approval process defined for Sales Order under Administrator->Approval Processes. Check the process steps and condition defined there.
- Checked Business configuration->Open Activity List->Search for “Sales Orders” and open “Maintain Document Types”. For order document types with maintenance mode as “Internal and External”, the Price will come from ERP and not from price list.
Sales Order;Submit for Approval;grey out; , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP-CO , Lean Sales Orders , How To