When you extend a line item from a contract, you get an incorrect Invoice Schedule.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Sales Order workcenter.
- Select the Contracts view.
Open Contract ABC (ABC represents the Contract ID).
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Copy and Extend a line item.
- Navigate to the Pricing tab and select the Invoice Schedule tab.
The extended Line Item has incorrect Dates maintained.
- Line item 10 has Invoice schedule maintained with monthly payments until March.
- Your expectation is that extended line item 20 continues with April as the first entry.
The extension of line items triggers a recalculation for the Invoice Schedule.
- The Time Frame setup is taken over from the extended line item, but the start date of the Time Frame is redetermined from the Contract Item Start Date.
- If the Contract Item Start Date is later than the expected first Invoice Schedule entry, this Invoice Schedule entry is not created.
- If the Time frame is set up on a monthly basis with the creation date on the first of a month and the Contract Item Start Date is on April 2nd, then the first entry in the Invoice Schedule is May 1st.
This is the expected System behaviour. You can adjust the Time Frame for Invoice Schedules manually and trigger a recalculation.
Open Contract ABC.
- Navigate to Pricing tab.
- Select the Invoice Schedule subtab.
- Click on Edit Time Frame.
- Find the Time Frame used for Line Item 20.
- Adjust the Time Frame Start Date.
This triggers a recalculation of the Invoice Schedule.
Invoice Schedule, Time Frame, Contract, Copy and Extend, Kopieren und erweitern, Rechnungsterminplan, Zeitraum, Vertrag , KBA , AP-CCP-CC , Customer Contract , Problem