- "Could not convert from XXX to XXX" error when entering data in an entity with default currency in a story with cross calculation currency filter set to default currency.
- Additionally, all existing data in the story disappears from the story
- It's unclear why this message is occurring when entering data to an entity in default currency (hence no currency conversion should be needed)
- Additionally, the currency table has been maintained for the currency conversion rates so there should be no missing currency error messages.
- SAP Analytics Cloud, all versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Open input story with currency cross calculation set to default currency
- Enter data for a cell with organization member in default currency
- Several errors occur and all data in the story except for the value entered disappears.
Blank rate types were used in the currency conversion table under the belief that when a rate type is blank it is valid for all rate type and category.
Currency conversion table is missing some rates of the “normal” rate type (not average or closing).
This can be verified by going to the currency conversion table and clicking on the (! icon) to switch to the “Add missing rates” screen and search for missing rates
After entering the missing combinations the error is resolved.
As an additional note, the reason why all rates are needed even if entering data for default currency is that when editing a cell the whole version is copied to allow for editing. The copied version is stored in the currency you are editing in, requiring all values in the version (also those originally stored in other currencies) to be converted.
Rates of rate type "blank" are NOT standard rates that are applied to accounts of rate type "closing" or "average". This is different from category-independent rates, that are applied to versions of all categories, unless more specific, category-dependent rates are given. So it is not possible to use "blank" rate types to apply to all rate types. It is necessary to specify a rate for each rate type.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem