You have created a custom key figure and set up a unit conversion, for example to each (EA). You have also made sure that in the product master data, there is a conversion from other units of measure to each (e.g. Bag to Each etc). However when you open the report with your key figure, the conversion is not working and the unit of measure shows ERR.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Analytics work center, view Design Key Figures.
- Click on New.
- In step 1, enter the name, the data source and the key figure type and click on Next.
- In step 2, enter your formula or restriction and click on Next.
- In step 3, select Unit Conversion in the conversion type. Select a target unit such as Each.
- Click on Finish.
- Go to the work center view Design Reports and open a report which is based on the data source you have chosen in the key figure.
- Click on Add Fields > tab Key Figures and add your key figure.
- Arrange the report view as required, including your key figure.
You will see that there is no conversion to Each, but instead you see the value with the unit ERR.
In key figure unit conversions, only product/material independent conversions are possible – e.g. meter into kilometer, gram into kilos, etc. Unfortunately, conversions to product dependent units of measure (such as bag, box, pair, crate etc) cannot be supported as of now.
We are currently checking the options to enable such a conversion in a future release.
key figure, unit conversion, unit of measure, ERR in reporting, currency , KBA , trading units , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem