Advanced Reporting report displays the following message:
"The result has been truncated. Export to show all rows or add filters to reduce the number of rows returned"
- The user has access to all the fields / tables used in the report
- Table has just a has just a single record.
Online Report Designer, Detailed Reporting, Advanced Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
Login as End User
Navigate to analytics > analytics > choose any EC report
Run preview with filters as-is (current year)
Get error message (but still able to download)
Do the same with proxy to Administrator
Get no error message (and you can select pages as well)
The number of rows before getting the truncated message varies.
You might get 0 rows in preview, and then 3000 when exporting.
Advanced Reporting fetches the top 500 rows to display at runtime.
Some might then be affected by RBP.
In reality, it displays between 0 to 500 rows.
This number has no affect on the TOTAL number of rows visible in the query, which is shown on export.
- user1 grabs top 500 rows and can view 10 of those rows. 10 rows are shown at runtime but with a message that more rows exist.
- when exporting, user1 gets 50000 rows
- user2 grabs top 500 rows and can view 400 of those rows. 400 rows are shown at runtime but with a message that more rows exist.
- when exporting, user2 gets 600 rows
- user3 grabs top 500 rows and can view 300 of those rows. 300 rows are shown at runtime but with a message that more rows exist.
- when exporting, user3 still gets 300 rows. This is an edge case and expected behaviour.
It's just a matter of why how many of those initial raw 500 rows that are visible to the user.
It has no bearing on the total number of rows visible to user. User3 is an edge case.
We can tell that there are more rows, but it's possible that all additional rows are not visible to the user.
This is an expected behavior.
Export, ORD, Realms, Report-Canvas, Report Canvas, The result has been truncated, Advanced Reporting , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting , Problem