The sales unit and the sales organisation are automatically determined by the system when creating a sales document (lead, sales quote…). However, you get the message ‘Use another sales organization. ABC not valid for sales unit DEF’ (ABC represents the name of the sales org and DEF the name of the sales unit).
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Sales Quotes view (the same message can pop up in the Leads, Opportunities or Sales Orders view).
- Click New.
- Select the account XYZ (XYZ representing the name of the account)
Result: You get the warning message: ‘Use another sales organization. ABC not valid for sales unit DEF’.
You get the contradicting result, because you did not follow the approach described in blog: Combined Sales Area Determination in C4C Sales Transactions.
In case you want to use the a combined sales area determination, you only need to select Step 20 in the sales unit determination.
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Click on Open Activity List.
- Search the Sales Quotes activity (or the activity related to the BO where you are receving the message).
- Open the Involved Parties section.
- Select the Sales Unit row.
- Click on Maintain Determinations.
- Only select 20 – Functional organization Unit of Employee Responsible.
Blog: Combined Sales Area Determination in C4C Sales Transactions
sales unit, sales organisation, involved parties, maintain determinations, lead, opportunity, sales quote, sales order , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , How To