Label for notification cannot be updated. Many labels in different locales can be affected by it, it will work in some locales for some labels and not in others.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Admin interface
- Notification templates
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to References->Geography->Labels;
- Search for the desired label and edit it;
- Save it;
- The change will not be reflected in the Label.
There is a defect in the application which occurs when the labels are updated both within the notification template and the references section.
This correctly creates an entry in the database but it is not visible from the application (because the data we view is pulled from a different database table) giving the impression the changes were not saved.
This issue has been fixed in the version b1811. However, this will not be correcting data which was updated prior. therefore, the following workaround needs to be carried out:
Go to Configuration->Notification Template
- Search for the template which contains the labels you wish to update and open it in edit mode
Go to Messages > click Edit Labels
Remove the label value > click Save and Close > Apply changes
- Go to References > Geography > Labels > search for your label
- Remove the current value in the locale and save
- Add the desired value to the locale
- Save your changes
sap, sf, successfactors, lms, learning, Label, not updated, Notification, Save, template, changes do not save, cannot update labels, LRN-29484 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , Bug Filed