- You use a customized Reporting Package in the Financial Data Extraction Run.
- In the Messages tab of the Extraction run the message 'No report data available to display; check the selection' is displayed.
- You get no data in the downloaded AIS file.
- You expect to see Data in the AIS file from the Financial Data Extraction Run.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the General Ledger work center.
Go to the Periodic Tasks - Extraction Run for Financial Data view.
Highlight Run ID XXX (where XXX is the Run ID of the Financial Data Extraction Run).
Press Edit Reporting Packages.
- Highlight ABC (ABC represents the customized Reporting Package): In the Details section you can see, for instance, one or two standard report IDs DEF and GHI which are correct (where DEF and GHI represent the standard report IDs).
- Back in the Extraction Run for Financial Data view highlight run ID XXX and press View.
- Navigate to the Data Selection tab: You can see that the correct Reporting Package has been chosen.
- Switch to Messages tab: The message 'No report data available to display; check the selection' is displayed. This means that no Data has been extracted. You expect some Data Sets here.
- Switch to the Processed Successfully tab: Everything looks as expected.
- Switch to the Processed with Errors tab: No errors are displayed here.
The mapping of the customized Reporting Package with the Selection and the View of the Reports needs to be adjusted as the current parameters of the reports don't sync with the necessary data selection of the Extraction run.
As the standard parameters don't suffice the requirements of the Extraction run, you need to create new reports as a copy of the existing standard reports DEF and/or GHI. In the new reports the selections and views are to be adjusted. Afterwards, you create a new customized Reporting Package in the General Ledger work center and assign the newly created reports. Finally, this new reporting package can then be used for the Extraction run.
To copy the standard reports:
- Go to the Business Analytics work center and navigate to the Design Reports view.
- Search for Report ID DEF.
- Highlight Report DEF and press new - Report as Copy.
- Enter a name for the new Report, JKL, for example, which you can later recognize easily.
- Press next until step 5 - Define Variables.
- Select the respective Variable Name and press Maintain Default Values.
- Enter the period for the Variable Name (for example, between 01.01.YYYY until 31.12.YYYY) and press OK.
- Press Next and then Finish.
Then adjust the Report selection and view set-up:
Go to the Business Analytics work center and navigate to the Design Reports view.
- Find the newly created Report JKL (where JKL is the new Report).
- Open the Report JKL.
- Press Selection - Save as.
- Enter a name for the Selection, MNO for example.
- Press Set as Default.
- Press Go.
- Move relevant variables from Not Currently Shown to Rows.
- Press View - Save as.
- Enter a name for the View, PQR, for example.
- Choose Set as Default again.
Finally, create a new Reporting package and add the new report:
- Go to the General Ledger work center and to the Extraction Run for Financial Data view.
- Press Edit Reporting Packages.
- Press Add Row.
- Create a new customized Reporting Package ABC.
- Under Details press Add Row.
- Select the Report ID JKL.
- Select the Report View ID MNO.
- Choose the Selection Variant ID PQR.
- Press Save and Close.
Execute the Financial Data Extraction Run again, this time with the newly customized Reporting Package.
Now the AIS file contains Data Sets.
AIS File, No report data available to display; Financial Data Extraction Run; Customized Reporting Package; Report View ID; Selection Variant ID; Report ID; Extraktionslauf für Finanzdaten; Berichtspaket; Selektionsvariantennummer, Berichtsnummer; Berichtssichtnummer , KBA , ais file , no report data available to display , financial data extraction run , reporting package , selection variant , report view , extraktionslauf für finanzdaten , selektionsvariantennummer , berichtspaket , berichtsnummer , berichtssichtnummer , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To