Application error on clicking on withdraw button in the employee's time sheet page.
Successfactors - Employee Central Time sheet
Reproducing the Issue
- Withdraw the time sheet for a week (say week 4th Feb 2018 to 10th Feb 2018 )for an employee.
- An application error occurs with fingerprint id=546f08a69889790341baa31c4fce30533435eac3.
- The application error is because the workflow status of the time sheet is in ‘In Process’ status.
- When workflow is in ‘In Process’ status withdraw of Time sheet is denied.
Reason Why the workflow is in ‘In Process’ status
- The particular workflow would have been modified mostly due to a mass workflow approval operation which changed the workflow status to ‘In Process’ instead of approved.
- These workflows are called hanging workflows(a known issue) which may caused by the background event and schedule job server not able to pick up the job.
- The engineering team is working on for a fix(tentatively 1808) to unblock such hanging workflows.
- As the workflows are in 'In Process' status, it will not be visible in the ‘To Do’ tile of the approvers. Therefore you need to manually search the workflows via Admin Center -> Manage workflow requests. For searching you can enter the employee's name in 'Requested For' field and set the Request Status as 'INPROCESS'.
- Once the workflow is identifed, approve it and then you’ll be able to withdraw the time sheet without any application error.
- For the application error, an understandable message will be replaced from 1808. The message will be "Workflow status is In PROCESS. Action Denied"
Time Sheet 546f08a69889790341baa31c4fce30533435eac3 Application error Withdraw Workflow In process ECT-96815 Hanging , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TMS , Time Sheet , Problem