You have a model business rule to set the visibility of some fields to "view" and this rule is set as onInit.
When you go to Manage pending hires and try to hire an employee you can see that the same field that should be set as view only remains editable.
Here is an example of the rule:
- Employee Central;
- The business rule has base element as Employee Information Model;
- you are hiring an employee coming from on boarding or RCM
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage pending hires and try to hire an employee coming from on boarding or RCM.
- Go to the respective session where the rule should be triggered and see that the field remains editable.
- Now check that according to the rule trace, the rule was triggered and the field was successfully defined as view.
We were able to reproduce the same behavior in our Demo instance and our engineering team was already engaged, please track thi KBA for further updates.
For now as a workaround you can add the same rule as onChange in any field which is updated in the hire/rehire process, when you do this the onChange rule will be triggered and set the visibility accordingly.
business rules set visibility ECT-100871 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , Business Rules & Event Derivation , Problem