You have submitted a VAT Tax Return.
- As a confirmation, you manually calculate the Total Amount tax by adding together all the values under Tax Amount column in the Tax Return tab.
You notice that the amount shown under Total Tax Amount field in the Overview tab, is greater than the value you have manually calculated above.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Tax Management work center.
- Go to the Tax Returns view.
- Go to VAT Returns subview.
- Find VAT Return ID XX and open it.
- Open the Overview tab.
- Take note of the value shown under Total Tax Amount field.
- Open the Tax Return tab.
- Click the Export button.
- Select To Microsoft Excel option.
- Save the document in your device.
- Open the saved Excel file and sum the column called Tax Amount.
Note: The value shown under Total Tax Amount field in the Overview tab of the VAT Return is greater than the value you have manually calculated.
(XX represents the Tax ID number)
The Total Tax Amount value shown in the Overview tab field of the VAT Tax Return shows the sum of all items taken into consideration for the relevant VAT Tax Return Run.
The manually put together Total Amount tax takes into consideration only the values that have been submitted to the Tax Authories.
The relevant VAT Tax Return Run contains several Warning messages that have been ignored. The invoices with Warning messages are not submitted to the Tax Authories.
In order for the Total Tax Amount and the manually calculated Total Amount to match, you need to correct the items affected by Warning messages in the relevant VAT Tax Return Run.
Total, Amount, Tax, Return, Authorities, Tax Management, Run, Warning, VAT , KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , Problem