You are facing one of the issues related to BCO's or BC Sets created via SDK.
Error while activating BCO.
- Values of some BC Views in Finetuning are cleared automatically when saving.
- Values are not getting updated in BC Set according to corresponding BCO.
- Values displayed in the UI is not in sync with the BC Set.
SAP Cloud Application Studio
SAP Business ByDesign
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Example for reproducing the symptom 1:
Login to SDK.
- Navigate to the BCO file created.
- Right click on the BCO file and clik on Activate option.
- Error appears.
The root cause for such issue is that you would have maintained certain settings initially when you created the BCO and BCSet. After that a patch has been created for the solution and in the patch you have tried to change certain values or attributes. Also this can happen if you create BCO, then create BC Set out of the BCO, later again change the BCO configurations.
There are certain restrictions to change the values(configurations) once a patch is created. For more details you can refer to SAP Cloud Application Studio Help document -> Maintenance Mode Restrictions for Business Configuration Objects.
In order to resolve such issue you can adopt either of the below suggestions:-
If you do not want to keep the new values then revert the values to what you have maintained originally and activate the files.
- If you want to change the values in the maintenance mode, then follow the below steps in order:-
- Delete finetuning values from UI which has been created on top of the respective BCO.
- Delete the UI finetuning BC View.
- Right click and select Cleanup option on the BC Sets created using the BCO.
- Right click and clean up the BCO.
- Edit/ change the BCO and activate.
- Add BC Set entries and activate.
- Recreate the BC view with a new name.
- Run through the BAC and do the assignments.
- Activate and Deploy business configuration.
Unable to activate BCO BC values are not updated BC Set is inconsistent BCO is inconsistent , KBA , inconsistent bco , inconsistent bc set , inconsistent fine tuning custom activity , AP-RC-BDS-BC , ByDesign Studio Business Configuration , Problem