You receive warning message Item XX: Determination of tax code failed. (XX represents item number)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Sales Orders work center.
- Go to Sales Orders view.
- Edit the sales order PQR. (PQR represents the Sales Order ID)
System shows warning message "Item XX: Determination of tax code failed".
- Navigate to Items tab.
- Under taxes sub tab click on Tax Trace Details "Display" link.
- Navigate to Results tab of Application log.
System shows Result. (For example we will take result as Domestic sales)
Tax Rate Type in the product master data is not maintained in the Business Configuration activity Tax on goods and services.
Go to Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Go to Products View.
- Select and edit the Product XYZ. (XYZ represents the Product ID)
- Navigate to Taxes tab.
- Under Product Tax Classification you can see the Tax Type and Tax Rate Type with respect to the Country.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select the Project and click on Open Activity List.
- Open the activity Tax on Goods and Services.
- Click on Define Tax Codes.
- Select the respective tax code for the Domestic sales and Country.
- Under Details click on Add Row.
- Maintain the Tax Type and Tax Rate Type.
- Click on Save.
tax code is not automatically determined; Automatic determination failed; , KBA , tax code is not automatically determined , automatic determination failed , AP-TTE-TC , Tax Calculation , Problem