System displays an error message 'Ship to location is not within the receiving site' while performing Post Goods Receipt.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inbound Logistic work center.
- Select Purchase Order sub view.
- Choose Open Purchase Orders from the Show field.
- Enter the Purchase Order ID.
- Select the Purchase Order and click on Post Goods Receipt.
- System displays an error message: 'Ship to location is not within the receiving site'.
In the Supply Chain Design Master Data the logistic usage for the affected Logistics Area was not maintained, therefore system throws this error message.
- Go to Supply Chain Master Data Work Center.
- Choose Locations.
- Select the affected Site/Location ID.
- Click on Edit layout.
- Select the Logistics Area ID.
- Under General tab maintain Logistics Use as per your Business scenario.
ship to, location, not, within, receiving site, error, post, goods, receipt, logistics use , KBA , ship to , not within , error , goods , post , logistics use , receipt , location , receiving site , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , AP-IDP-IDR , Inbound Delivery Request , Problem