When invoicing multiple invoice requests, there is no option to change the sorting of line items.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to the Customer Invoicing workcenter.
- Select the Invoice Request view.
- Select multiple Invoice Requests that you would like to Invoice together.
- Create a Customer Invoice.
The line items from the invoice are not sorted as you would expect.
Business ByDesign uses four conditions for sorting line items:
- Comparison for Invoice and Credit Memo Item if scoped:
- Invoice Line item.
- Credit Memo Line Item.
- Sales Order Invoice Request
- Service Order Invoice Request
- Service Confirmation Invoice Request
- Outbound Delivery Invoice Request
- Customer Project Invoice Request
- Customer Contract Invoice Request
- Manual Invoice Request
- Manual Credit Memo Request
- Down Payment Invoice Request
- Correction Invoice Request
- Scheduled Invoice Request
- External Customer Invoice Request
- Rebate Credit Memo Request
If you invoice a Sales Order invoice Request with ID 1000 and a Service Order Invoice Request with ID 1000, you will receive the following application of logic:
- There are only Invoice Items.
There is a comparison of ID - in this case both have the ID 1000.
- Sales Order Invoice Requests are chosen before Service Order Invoice Requests.
- In this case the line items from the Sales Order are listed before the items from the Service Order in the invoice.
This is the expected system behaviour.
A manual adjustment of the sorting is currently not available.
Sorting, Line Items, Invoice, Invoice Request, Sortieren, Rechnung, Rechnungsanforderung, Positionen , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , How To