- This articles explains how the Goal Comment Notification is triggered, and includes the required configuration for the Goal Comment/Feedback field.
- You can now configure an e-mail notification to notify Employees and their Managers that someone has added a comment to the Employee’s Goal Plan.
SuccessFactors Performance & Goals
- Goal Management v12
How the Goal Comment Notification works:
- The Goal Comment Notification will be sent to the Employee and/or the Employee's Direct Manager when threaded feedback is added to a goal plan.
- If an Employee adds feedback to a goal plan, the Manager will receive a notification and vice versa.
- If a different role (e.g. Matrix Manager) adds feedback, then both Employee and Manager will receive a notification.
- Notifications are triggered immediately after the feedback is provided.
- The Goal Comment Notification will ONLY work if the threaded feedback switch is enabled in the goal plan XML template - see below for the correct configuration.
[[OBJ_RECIPIENT]], [[OBJ_SENDER]], [[OBJ_NAME]], [[OBJ-PLAN-NAME]], [[OBJ_COMMENT]]
- While configuring the e-mail notification, you can include [[OBJ_COMMENT]] as a token in the body of the template, so the recipients can read the comment directly in the e-mail.
- Please be advised that those using the [[OBJ_COMMENT]] token should check to ensure it does not conflict with data privacy and protection regulations in the EU, as the comment will exist in an email outside of the SuccessFactors system and therefore cannot be purged.
Goal Plan Configuration (For Partners):
The existing comment field in v12 goal plans now includes a new user interface//treatment that allows users to edit or delete their own comments.
This feature is universal if you have a comments field configured in the XML form template as shown here:
Note: The comment field is NOT visible in the goal when it is opened in edit mode. This is the correct and expected behavior.
Additional Configuration Steps:
Enable Goal Management v12 in Provisioning. Make sure that you select "requires Version 12 UI framework (Revolution)"
- Configure a new switch and turn it on in the goal plan template as shown here: <switches><switch for="threaded-feedback" value="on"/></switches>
- include write permission for comments field.
Goal Comments/Feedback field
- The Goal Comment field has been improved to allow users to edit or delete their own comments.
- Users can now collapse or expand the layout and edit or delete their own comments.
Goal, Objective, Comment, Field, Email, Notification, Feedback, Threaded, Switch, received, triggered, b1805, OBJ_COMMENT, v12, UI , KBA , LOD-SF-GM-EML , Emails, Notifications & Alerts , How To