- A higher license is consumed in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), if all the lower licenses are being used.
- For example: A lower license (BI Professional) is supposed to be used by SAC (instead of a Planning Professional one) when reaching the limit.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.08
Reproducing the Issue
- Try to consume a more "lower" licenses than available in SAC.
- Observe that all the licenses will be rolled up and the additional roles which would require a "lower" license, will consume "higher" one.
- For example: A Planning Professional license is being used where the SAC Admin added a role which requires only BI Professional license.
- Limit of the lower license has been reached in SAC.
- Currently the system rolls up the user’s license to consume a higher license, if all the lower licenses have been consumed.
- Lincensing in SAC will be simplified shortly and going forward roles will be mapped to licenses directly.
- This is planned to be available in customer tenants in August 2018.
- 2601657 - License is calculated incorrectly for some users in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem