You set the access restrictions for the Supplier work center for a specific company, however the user is able to see all suppliers.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Application and User Management work center.
- Open Business Users view.
- Select the user and click Edit -> Access Rights.
- Go to Access Restrictions tab.
- Select Work Center View ID 'BPM_SUPPLIERS'.
- Set Read / Write Access as Restricted and choose Access Group ID under Detailed Restrictions.
- Save it.
User accessing Suppliers:
- Go to Supplier Base work center.
- Open Suppliers view.
- User is able to see all suppliers with no restrictions.
- Open any supplier.
- Go to Financials tab.
- Payment Data is showing only for the company that the access was granted.
- If user has write access and click on View All, they are only able to add payment data for the company they have write access.
This is the standard behavior.
Currently there is no way of restricting the access to suppliers based on a company. The reason for this is that there is no link between the supplier and the company from which this restriction could be derived.
If you have maintained access restrictions for a specific company, the user will be able to see all suppliers, however the payment data information will be restricted by the corresponding company.
supplier; access restriction; company; payment data , KBA , SRD-MD-BP-SUP , Suppliers , How To