You are trying to Release a Customer Invoice Request, however you face the error "Release not possible, posting to financial accounting is blocked on MM/DD/YYYY".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work-center.
- Go to the Invoice Request view.
- Search for the invoice request XYZ. (XYZ refers to the ID of the Invoice Request)
- Click on Release.
Release not possible, posting to financial accounting is blocked on MM/DD/YYYY.
The system will not allow you to post the customer invoice request on the date MM.DD.YYYY because this date is blocked for postings in financial accounting.
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Choose Master Data view.
- Choose Set of books and assigned companies sub-view.
- Select the Company and click on Open and close period button
- Select the respective period.
- If period is closed, kindly open the period by clicking on the Open period button.
The period of the From Posting Date / To Posting Date always refers to the posting date in the source document. Posting date of the document should be in between from posting date and to posting date.
Entry Possible Until : The date in this field refers to the entry date in the source document. For example, a source document can still be entered for a period after the accounting period has been closed as long as the document has a posting date within the accounting period.
The help center document Process Control for Operational Postings.
"Customer Invoice Request", "Financial Accounting", , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem