When you are adding a new candidate via "Add Candidate" feature you are required to fill External and Internal Candidate Profile fields.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Recruiting -> Candidates;
- Click in "Add Candidate";
- Fill out all the preliminary information;
- Fill some additional information from the External Candidate;
- Save it;
- You can see that the system is accusing a Internal field to be required;
This is because when you are using the Add Candidate feature, for the one who added it, the system does not differentiate between Internal or External candidate. Since you have just added the candidate, you are allowed to edit the fields from the Candidate Profile regardless of the type of profile it is and the required fields will be required to fill.
This is NOT a defect, it is correct and the system is working as designed.
When you are adding a candidate even the internal fields are going to be enabled to be edited, so if you need to add some further information in the Candidate Profile, there is a solution for that.
- Create a recruiting Dynamic Group using the system admin, where you will add all the Recruiters/Recruiting Team to be able to edit the candidate information. See this article for more information on Dynamic Groups;
- Now you need to create a permission section in the Candidate Profile Template. So you add all the fields that you want to give permission, and in the role you will set the group-name;
- If you are editing via Manage Templates instead of using the XML:
- Go to Manage Templates;
- Select Recruiting Management -> Candidate Profile;
- Select Permissions;
- Here you will add a new permission section setting the Type, selecting the Group Name, countries, Source, the fields and background elements;
Add Candidate, Candidate Profile, External, Internal, Required, Recruiting Management, RCM , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAP , Candidate Profiles , How To