A candidate has entered the wrong name in the candidate profile and applied. How can I edit it?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP Success Factors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
As an external candidate:
- Created my candidate profile
- Input my name wrong or incomplete
- Apply to a Job Requisition
- Noticed that the name is wrong
- I cannot edit my name, even if I withdraw and re-submit my applicationo
As a recruiter:
- Notice the candidate applied with the wrong name
- There is no way for me to edit
The candidate is not able to edit their own name in the application because Multi-Stage Application is not enabled in the instance. So, withdraw, edit the name and re-submit the application won't work.
As the recruiter, no action is possible, the EDIT_CANDIDATE_SNAPSHOT only allows the recruiter to edit: Email, Phone and Resume.
In this case we are going to need to perform an SFAPI call to make the change in the name in the application.
Please note: If you do not have access to do so, you will need to reach out to your Implememntation Partner or Professional Services to assist you with your request.
- Here we have the candidate Simon Green. He is in the Job Requisition #57 and his Job Application ID is #16:
- First thing we are going to do is to create a simple query to get the information of this candidate, to check if this is the correct candidate:
The above query is: select id, firstName, lastName from JobApplication$7 where id = 16.
OBS: JobApplication$7, where 7 is the id of the Job Application Template.
- And this is the Response for the query:
- Since we have the confirmation that this is the correct call, we are going to run the Update Call to update the name in the application:
- And the response confirming the update is:
- So, now we can go back to the incident and check again the application of the Candidate Simon2 Green2:
2269350 - Edit Candidate Name in Application Page
2320264 - How to make an SFAPI call to test the functionality
2149831 - How to contact Professional Services, Partner and Account Management Team - SuccessFactors
SFAPI, Candidate, Applicant, Name, Edit, Change, Update , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-API , Webservices & APIs , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , How To