One of the candidates have entered the wrong name in the candidate profile and applied. How can I edit it?
- Candidate Profile
- Job Application
Reproducing the Issue
As an external candidate:
- Created my candidate profile
- Input my name wrong or incomplete
- Apply to a Job Requisition
- Noticed that the name is wrong
- I cannot edit my name, even if I withdraw and re-submit my application
As I recruiter:
- Notice the candidate applied with the wrong name
- There is no way for me to edit
The candidate is not able to edit it's own name in the application because you don't have Multi-Stage Application enabled in the instance. So, withdraw, edit the name and re-submit the application won't work.
As the recruiter, there is no action to be made, the EDIT_CANDIDATE_SNAPSHOT only allows the recruiter to edit: Email, Phone and Resume.
In this case we are going to need to perform a SFAPI call to make the change in the name in the application.
- Here we have the candidate Simon Green. He is in the Job Requisition #57 and his Job Application ID is #16:
- First thing we are going to do is to create a simple query to get the information of this candidate, to check if this is the correct candidate:
The above query is: select id, firstName, lastName from JobApplication$7 where id = 16.
OBS: JobApplication$7, where 7 is the id of the Job Application Template.
- And this is the Response for the query:
- Since we have the confirmation that this is the correct call, we are going to run the Update Call to update the name in the application:
- And the response confirming the update is:
- So, now we can go back to the incident and check again the application of the Candidate Simon2 Green2:
SFAPI, Candidate, Applicant, Name, Edit, Change, Update , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-API , Webservices & APIs , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , How To