You have posted a Customer Invoice and the Journal Entry generated does not show Profit center even though a Profit center is maintained in Fine Tune Activity Profit Center Derivation by Product Category for Sales.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger Work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries view and then to Journal Entries Sub view.
- Show All Postings and Find Journal Entry XYZ(XYZ represents Journal Entry ID)
You could not see Profit center assigned against any line item in the Journal Entry.
Profit center is not considered in postings when Reporting Principle is Function of Expense.
You have to change the Reporting principle assigned to Set of Books to the Reporting principle in which Profit center will be considered for postings.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects View.
- Select the relevant Project and Choose Integrate and Extend tab.
- Show All Activities and Find Activity Set of Books.
- Select the Set of Books and Choose Edit.
If you want to use a profit center, then the reporting principle used must be one of the below:
- Profit center and segment
- Profit center and segment, balancing
- Profit center and segment, clearing
- Funct of exp, profit ctr/seg
- Funct of exp, profit ctr/seg, balancing
- Funct of exp, profit ctr/seg, clearing
- Fund, Profit center and segment, clearing
Profit Center ID,Reporting Principle,Function of Expense , KBA , profit center id , reporting principle , function of expense , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem