You have completed a Production Task and realized that the Confirmed Quantity for the Input Products is higher than the initial Planned Quantity.
Although you have confirmed a higher quantity for the Output Product, your expectation is the quantity for Input Products to remain unchanged no matter the confirmed quantity for the Output Product.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Production Control work center.
- Go to Task Control view.
- Select the Task ABC (ABC represents the Task ID).
- Select the tab Input Products.
- You can see that the Confirmed Quantities for all Input Products are higher than the Planned Quantity.
The issue is caused by a missing configuration in the Bill of Materials (BoM) for the Output Product.
When configuring the BoM, the flag Fixed Quantity is not checked. In order to ensure that the quantity of Input Products is not changed during the production, this indicator must be checked.
To activate the Fixed Quantity indicator, a change must be done in the Bill of Materials (BoM).
- Go to Planning and Production Master Data work center.
- Go to Production Bill of Materials view.
- Find and select the BoM XYZ (XYZ represents the BoM ID) related to the production scenario you are executing.
- Select Edit.
- Go to the Input Products tab.
- Select the desired Products and choose Change.
- Check the box for Fixed Quantity.
- Save the changes.
Please note that after changing the Bill of Materials, the Production Model must be released again for the changes to be activated during the production scenario.
Fixed, Quantity, Indicator, Bill, of, Materials, BoM , KBA , AP-PE , Production , How To