Terminated employee showing as incumbent in a vacant position
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics (ANA) - All versions
- Advanced Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Org Chart
- Position Org Chart
- Search for the Position
- Check that there is no Incumbent
- Now go to Advanced Reporting and create a new Position report
- Filter by the position
- Add some fields from Incumbent(s) table, including the employee status
- See that the employee status is terminated but it is still showing as incumbent for this position.
- Go back to Position Org Chart and check the Incumbent History
- You will see that the terminated employee is the last incumbent of this position
The incumbent table pulls information from the EC Job Information table, which just searches for users who have this position listed in their last record.
It is expected that a user who was the incumbent of a position and was then terminated, leave the position vacant.
However in Job Information although terminated, the user has the position maintained in the last record. Therefore, even if the position is vacant, the Incumbent information will be displayed.
- Use the 'Vacant' / 'To be Hired' / 'To be recruited' field from the Position table.
- Add filters to one of the 'Incumbent Employee Status' fields to exclude terminated employees
Terminated employee showing as incumbent in a vacant position Advanced Reporting report inactive user , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , How To