You have a custom solution with custom fine-tune activities that are relevant to be edited during the implementation of your system. You maintain one or more entries on the fine-tune activity and you have a requirement to maintain one or more translations for the entries. You tried to use the translation tool by clicking on button Translate, but when the tool does not show any record to be translated even if you change the source and target language to every possible combination.
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer.
- SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Work Center Business Configuration.
- Go to Work Center View Implementation Project.
- Click on button Open Activity List.
- Search for BAC_NAME (BAC_NAME stands for the name that you give for the BAC element created for the custom solution) and open it.
- Open the fine tune activity ACTIVITY_NAME (ACTIVITY_NAME stands for the activity name that you provided and created for the Business Configuration View).
- Click on button Add to add new entries on the table and click on button Save when done.
- Click on button Translate.
- Set Source Language to the main language used on the system and set Target Language to the language that you want to translate the entries.
- No entries are listed or showed. You could not add any translate for your entries.
The Translate tool used on Custom Fine-Tune Activity only works if there is a Field with Field Type set as Description. Only the content of Description Field Type will be available for translation. You need to check on your Business Configuration Object if there is any Field with Field Type equal to Description. If not, Translate Tool will not show any entry to be translated.
Log on SDK.
- Open Solution YABC12345_ (YABC12345_ stands for your custom solution ID).
- Open Business Configuration Object file related to the custom fine tune activity with translate issue.
- Go to tab Fields.
- In the table, look on the column Field Type if there is any field set as Description.
- If not, add a field with Field Type equal to Description, or edit the Field Type of an existing field to Description.
- If yes, open an SAP incident requiring more analyzes on your issue.
Fine Tune; Custom; BCO; BCC; BAC; Translate; Entry; Entries; Activity; , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-TRANSL , ByDesign Studio Translation , Problem