When an administrator try to import a content, System displays a validation message: Harmful content detected on the file
Successfactors Learning Management System (LMS) - B1805 version and higher
Reproducing the Issue
Login as an Administrator
- Go to Content > Tools > Import Content
- In Step 1: Select Action, choose either Add New Content, Add Content for an Existing Item or Replace Content for an Existing Item
- Click Next
- In Step 2: Select Files, click Browse and choose a file to upload
- Click Next
- In Step 3: Configure Content and Item Settings, click Import Files
- System displays validation message below
In Q3 2018, Virus scan feature has been added for Learning Event Editor attachment from both user and Admin side.
- Login as an Administrator
- Go to LMS Admin> Users> Tools> Learning event editor search and open
- Go to file attachments and upload a virus file
- Verify validation message is displayed
From User side, use below replication steps.
- Login as user
- Click on Record Learning
- Upload file attachment containing virus
- Validation message is displayed
- Follow step 1 to 4 while logged in as Supervisor and try to upload file for learning event of subordinate
System detected a virus on the file.
- This is a new feature that can be turned on to enable virus scan for file upload by going to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > WEB_SECURITY then set enableVirusScan to true.
Harmful content detected on the file, virus, scan, import content, learning event editor, attachment , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , Problem