- What determines the locale which is used to display the RMK site when a visitor accesses it?
- Is the IP information of the visitor inspected for language information?
- Is the visitor's system locale inspected for language information?
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the RMK career site
- Without the visitor selecting any specific language in the language selector, a specific language out of the available list of languages is nonetheless used to display the site
- The RMK site does not inspect an IP address or users system locale to display a page. This means a visitor from Germany will not automatically be shown the German version of the site based on their IP address or browser language preferences.
- Pages are locale specific in RMK and will display their configured locale when the user lands on that page.
- The Default Locale (configured in Command Center under the Site/Site locale option) is used when the system does not have a specified locale for a page or user preference (manually selected from the language selector).
Most of the use cases and workflows for this feature are not generally apparent and happen during obscure system use. For instance, a job seeker happens to find a link to the RMK Job Search page and navigates to that page directly from outside the career site. The system presents that page to the user in the default system locale. In normal workflows the user arrives from another RMK page with a predefined locale that passes the locale information to the destination page during their navigation.
IP address language, automatic determined language, candidate locale determination , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-CC , Command Center , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting all versions